- Address the associate by name
- Research important information including years of service, accomplishments and contributions prior to the presentation
- Share a work related short story or anecdote if appropriate. However, avoid embarrassing jokes or other comments that may make the associate uncomfortable
- Communicate that it is an honor for you to have the opportunity to recognize him or her
- Congratulate the associate, say “thank you” and shake his or her hand.
We give an award to the top sales guy, to the person with 25 years of service, to the truck driver with 1 million miles without a chargeable accident. We believe in the power of recognition. The why we do it may seem obvious, but it is a lot more than that.
We use recognition to:
In summation, we believe in using recognition everyday to improve the bottom line. If that's important to you, then we're speaking the same language. Come with us on this journey.
Take a look at the topics we have and see if we can help you with your recognition programs.
Talk to us. We are here to help you.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Recognition – It’s a Powerful Tool!
How do you get the most out of it?
Companies that have an employee recognition program in place have demonstrated that they know how powerful recognition can be as a leadership tool. It makes a statement to the employees about what is important to the business and what is valued by the leaders within the company. It is also one of the most effective ways to reinforce an organizations culture, support its objectives and retain top performers.
An effective recognition program achieves the following:
· Builds self-esteem
· Reinforces desired behaviors
· Helps create an atmosphere of appreciation and trust
· Promotes empowerment and involvement
· Creates loyalty to a company
While recognition is important, the way you choose to recognize an associate plays a key role in the overall success of your program as well.
PREPARING FOR THE MAGIC MOMENT
It’s easy to create a meaningful and memorable event for you and the individual being recognized. You can make the occasion special by following these few simple steps:
· Choose a location for the presentation
· Decide who will be present
· Prepare what you will say
Where will the Presentation take place?
Whether you are planning a formal or more casual presentation, the event is important and can be a powerful management tool toward developing increased commitment to the company’s vision and core values. You can recognize an associate at his or her work place, or, if desired, in a more formal setting such as a banquet hall. Whatever the setting, remember that this should be a special event for the associate and their peer group.
Who should be present?
Imagine training for long hours for a big race and then winning first place, only you aren’t allowed to tell anyone about your victory. Our achievements in life, no matter how small, are more meaningful to us when we share them with others. Keep this in mind when deciding who will be at the presentation. The event will have much more impact if the associate is recognized in front of his/her peers (and senior management and additional guests if a more formal presentation is planned). This generates excitement for others to also strive for the high goals of achievement and recognition.
What will the presenter say?
The most important thing to remember is that the presentation should be personal. Consider the following when preparing what you will say:
Remember to make the presentation upbeat, fun and to the point. Your preparation will help make the event a memorable Magic Moment for all.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Need to give an award, but just not sure where to start? Take a look at some of these award inscription ideas and see if that can help you.
- For outstanding service in advancing our mission
- In recognition of outstanding customer satisfaction through progressive management, dedicated employees, and high standards of operational excellence
- For exceptional service in the field of ___ to clients, we proudly award this symbol of recognition
- In recognition of dedicated service and invaluable contribution toward the ongoing success of ___
- Achieving customer satisfaction and loyalty through teamwork and a commitment to excellence
- For your outstanding contributions in the development of ___
- In recognition of demonstrated expertise and commitment to providing outstanding business solutions
- In recognition of outstanding sales & service performance
- For significant contributions to the growth of ___
- For breakthrough performance
- In recognition of unsurpassed performance and creativity in helping us achieve our goals
- In recognition of outstanding performance and creativity
- Thank you for your extraordinary support in accelerating our global growth
- In appreciation of your invaluable service and continuing contributions to our success
- For exceptional performance in helping to improve productivity and profitability through superior technology and service
- In appreciation of your partnership, production and service
- For exceptional leadership and performance
- In recognition of your exemplary service and outstanding dedication
- In recognition of outstanding performance and commitment in providing business solutions for the global marketplace
- In recognition of your achievement and commitment to service excellence
- In recognition of your faithful service, commitment and dedication
- Recognizing your superior efforts in helping our company outpace, outlast and outperform the competition
- For greatest improvement in sales and image
- In honor of superior performance in the area of customer satisfaction
- In recognition of your significant commitment and contribution to our company
- Commemorating your successful completion of ___
- This professional effort has contributed measurably to our overall objectives
- This award is symbolic of our deep gratitude to you for your outstanding effort and support
- In tribute to the sustained level of outstanding customer satisfaction performance necessary to our most prestigious award
- Recognizing the contributions of people who embody our company at its very best
- This award is given to employees whose exceptional commitment and achievements stand out among their peers
- Your efforts, leadership and dedication are helping us fulfill the promise of our company
- A testimonial of sincere appreciation in honor of the distinguished and unselfish service given our company while serving with outstanding leadership, vision and ability
- In recognition of our valued business association
- In recognition of your outstanding performance and commitment to excellence
- In recognition of completion of the ___ certification program
- With deep appreciation for dedicated service and progressive leadership
- In appreciation of you outstanding contributions for the year
- In recognition of our valued business association
- For outstanding contribution and loyal years of service
- For outstanding performance through leadership, integrity, and service
- In recognition of outstanding sales performance and your dedication to total customer satisfaction
- In recognition of your outstanding performance, dedication, and creativity in the ongoing success of our company
- In recognition of unsurpassed performance and creativity
- In honor of your demonstrated leadership
- We salute you for your outstanding achievement
- In appreciation for outstanding volunteer support and enthusiastic commitment to furthering the mission and ideals of our company
- In recognition of outstanding business results
- In recognition of your outstanding sales performance, dedication, commitment and overall excellence
- For outstanding contributions to the goals and objectives of the company, and for high standards of professionalism and leadership
- In gratitude of your outstanding contributions during a career of faithful service and dedication
- For outstanding performance, commitment to customer satisfaction, and demonstration of excellence
- In recognition of your committed partnership and your determined effort for fostering a customer-driven culture and delivering business results as a high- performance partner
- In support of your customer-centric efforts